This recipe is super simple and yummy, one of my Italian friends showed it to me and now I share it with you =)
- 250 gr sliced mushrooms
- 1 vegetable stock cube (hopefully organic)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup of risotto rice (or any rice)
- 50 ml white wine (or to taste)
- handful mixed herbs
- 50 gr grated soya smoked "cheese"
- 1 can of plum tomatoes or half a carton of tomato paste
Put rice and chopped onion in a pot and fry in olive oil and garlic at medium temperature, stir for a few minutes. Boil two cups of water and once the boiled water is ready, add a vegetable stock to it and dissolve it. Add the water mixed with the veggie stock to the rice along with mixed herbs, stir a bit and cover the pan with lid. Let it cook for 20 minutes.
In a frying pan add a little bit of olive oil or vegan butter along with mixed herbs,and garlic and fry the mushrooms.
Once the rice is soft, add can of plum tomatoes, wine, cheese and mushrooms, stir it well so the flavours blend together.
Enjoy with your favourite people, a glass of freshly squeezed juice or even a glass of wine =)