- 2 tablespoons high heat cooking oil, like rice bran oil
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 chopped tomato
- Tofu (previously oven baked at 220º for 15 mins or deep fried)
- 1 spoon minced garlic
- Pre soaked rice noodles
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 small handful bean sprouts
- Vegetables of your choice (baby corn, mange-tout, pre cooked cauliflower)
- 1 handful of spring onion thinly chopped (only green part)
- Half a tsp ground dried bird’s eye chilies.
- 1 tsp of palm sugar or tamarind sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- ¼ cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
1. Fry carrots, onions, and tomato in hot oil.
2. Add tofu, garlic and vegetables and fry for a couple of minutes. Mix well together and add sauce mixture along with the noodles.
3. Finish off the Pad Thai with bean sprouts, spring onion, lime juice and chilly flakes to taste
4. Sprinkle with crushed peanuts =)
*Note: For Thai dishes I use Thai friend garlic that I prepare once a month by crushing a lot of garlic and frying it till golden in coconut oil. Then I store it in the fridge in a glass jar (it is said that the garlic should be stored in a cool place but not the fridge but the fridge works fine for me), this garlic does make a difference in taste!