TERMS & CONDITIONS TTC
- In order to be eligible for a place on this teacher training, you should have at least two years regular yoga practice with an experienced teacher who will be willing to offer you a reference if requested. However, we realise that your yoga studies may have been with a variety of teachers and perhaps in online as well as offline settings, so we are happy to consider applications from students with similar relevant experience. However, we are unable to receive applications from those who have only practiced online.
- Applicants who are able to demonstrate an established self-practice and self-study will also be considered.
Maximum trainees is 15 and applications will be taken on a ‘first come first served’ basis; those who have paid their deposit will have priority over those who haven’t.
- A deposit of £350 is required to secure a place on the course and should be paid at the time of the booking. The deposit is non-refundable.
- The remaining fee should be paid at least 20 days before the beginning of the course.
- Payment by instalments may be considered at the discretion of the school.
- Any student paying by instalments will be obliged to complete the payments regardless of whether or not they finish the course.
- All applicants must complete the TTC Application Form.
- Pre-existing medical/mental conditions must be declared on the application form.
Non-declared conditions cannot be taken into consideration if they later prove to be an issue with the student being able to complete the course.
- We reserve the right to refuse a place to students who have not paid their deposit or full fees by the required date or have not provided a reference.
- We reserve the right to refuse a place to students who we deem unsuitable for any reason.
- The fees must be paid in full before a graduation certificate will be issued.
What fees include/ what is not included in the 200 hours pathway
- Training and assessment by a qualified Yoga Alliance 500 E-RYT
- 2 full manuals and other appropriate paperwork
- A personal account on www.fundamentals.yogaanatomy.net
- From May onwards, those who have paid deposit + at least 2 installments are entitled to a discount on class bundles when attending 2/3 classes a week:
- Unlimited Class Bundle £80
- 12 Class Bundle £65
- 8 Class Bundle £45
* All Bundles are to be used within a month
- Travel, accommodation and food for yourself
- Course books (recommended reading material).
- A certificate; paying the fees does not guarantee you a certificate as you will need to successfully pass all assignments and attend all sessions unless there's a reason such as those specified below.
During the Course:
Trainees are expected to act in an appropriate manner following the yogic principles of the yamas and niyamas.
Trainees will be required to attend 100% of the modules and complete all the assignments. However, special circumstances can be discussed and a method to make up for the class agreed upon, see point 7.
Unauthorised absence. If a student is unable to attend a session, for example due to illness, they are expected to contact the tutor in a timely manner, preferably before the start of the session. If they do not do so, the absence will be deemed unauthorised.
Two unauthorised absences for any reason whatsoever, will lead to dismissal from the course.
Trainees are expected to have completed all their assignments before they take their final teaching practicum. In exceptional circumstances a grace period may be permitted but no certificate can be issued until all assignments are completed to a satisfactory standard.
If any practical assignments (such as practice teaching) are required to be repeated a pro rata module fee of £50 will apply.
Trainees are expected to be developing a home practice as part of their studies and should keep a practice diary which can be shown to the tutors on request.
Extensions may be granted if student is unable to complete the requirements due to unforeseen circumstances, for example, health issues. A medical certificate will be required in support.
Trainees may make up one missed module at the discretion of the lead teacher. If any further modules are missed a fee of £100 per day will apply, unless an exceptional circumstances extension has been granted.
Continuous assessment is an integral part of the course and the lead trainer can remove a student from the course at any time if she feels that student is not suitable to become a teacher.
As a student of YTT, you consent to your contact details (name, email and phone number) being passed onto our partners, Yoga Alliance, so they can contact you directly and invite you to register as a Trainee and Teacher. You have the option of opting out of this registration process.
Cancelation of Course: - Course leaders reserve the right to cancel the course at any point. If there are insufficient student numbers to make the course viable and the course is not started a full refund would apply. For other circumstances please refer to the refund policy.
Payment Deposit Dates
- Deposit of £350 is payable on booking and is non- refundable. Exceptional circumstances will be considered but do not guarantee a refund.
Student Pulling Out of Course
- Cancellation up to 90 days before the start of the course – loss of deposit.
- Cancellation after the start of the course – no refund. Exceptional circumstances will be considered but do not guarantee a refund.
- We appreciate that personal circumstances may change and students may need to pull out of the course for a variety of reasons and each case will be considered on its own merits.
- Students being dismissed from the course will not be entitled to any refund.