- 2 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour or spelt flour - 1 cup of raw cane sugar - 2 1/4 tsp baking powder - 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda - 1/2 tsp salt - 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil or sunflower butter (I used a mixture of both) - 3 mashed bananas - 1/4 cup of soya/oat milk - 1 tsp of vanilla scent
1. Mix dry ingredients in a big bowl.
2. Melt coconut oil (unless you live in a hot country and the coconut oil is liquid) or sunflower butter until is liquid. 3. In a different dish, mash bananas, add melted butter/oil and vanilla scent to it.
4. Pour banana mixture into the bowl containing the dry ingredients and beat it for a few minutes until ingredients blend together.
Add milk slowly to have a smoother consistency, the consistency is neither too liquid nor too solid.
Heat up the oven for at least 20 minutes.
Once mixture is ready, leave in the fridge for about 10 minutes while the oven heats up.
Finally, spoon mixture into muffin cups or a baking tray (previously greased with coconut oil or sunflower butter) and bake up to 40 minutes at 180• (check at 30 minutes)
- 1/4 cup melted butter (or mixture of butter with coconut oil) - 150 grams Soya cream cheese
- Approx 100 grams of icing sugar (I blended cane sugar) - Teaspoon of vanilla scent.
Mix ingredients adding icing sugar to your liking until they blend together into a smooth consistency.
Place in the fridge so it cools down and thickens, and add this on top of the muffins once they are nice and cool.
You can then sprinkle with cinnamon powder or grounded nuts of your choice =)