Sat, 17 Aug|
Lychpit Community Hall - Old Basing and
Yoga & Ayurveda: Health for Mind, Body and Soul (1)
This 5 hours long workshop will introduce you to Ayurveda so that you learn how to establish daily routines & self care practices to align you to your true nature and individual constitution by creating balance in busy, modern day life through healthy habits, breathing exercises, food and yoga.
Time & Location
17 Aug 2019, 11:00 – 15:00
Lychpit Community Hall - Old Basing and , Great Binfields Rd, Lychpit, Basingstoke RG24 8TF, UK
About The Event
Ayurveda is known as the sister science to yoga and is one of the world's oldest holistic (“whole-body”) healing systems. It was developed more than 5,000 years ago in India.
This 5 hours long workshop will introduce you to Ayurveda so that you learn how to establish daily routines & self care practices to align you to your true nature and individual constitution.
Looking at the body, mind and spirit through the lens of Ayurveda allows us to understand our bodies better, what makes them tick, and what makes them sick. Ayurveda recognises that we are not all the same. We are each unique and therefore have individual needs to optimum health, and this can be achieved by having a life style that aligns with those individual needs and unique attributes. This workshop is geared to help participants understand those unique attributes and how to maintain balance in busy, modern day life through healthy habits, breathing exercises, food and yoga.
Ayurveda aims to integrate and balance the body, mind and spirit. This is believed to help prevent illness and promote wellness. Ayurvedic philosophy teaches that people, their health and the universe are all related. It is believed that health problems result when these relationships are out of balance.
Understanding your unique body by knowing your constitution will assist you to know how to prevent disease and restore health, balance and longevity.
Ayurveda views food as medicine and offers knowledge on how best to eat for our individual needs, and outlines principles for how to keep our digestive fire, known as agni, burning efficiently so that we can better nourish ourselves.
Day workshop will Include:
* Dosha test to find out your predominant constitution
* Learning how to recognise and differentiate the gunas
* Find out your mental constitution according to the three gunas
* Yoga practices, pranayama & meditation for all three doshas (we will practice together and learn about tailoring practice for individuals)
* The seasons according to Ayurveda
* Food and ideal diet for each constitution
* The Ayurvedic view on toxins and immunity
* Daily rituals and cleansing techniques for health (kriyas)
* Yoga Nidra (Yogic guided sleep/relaxation)
* A vegan supper cooked using ayurvedic principles
* Ayurvedic elixir for your dosha
* A neti pot that you can take home with you
- Ticket type
Deposit to reserve your spot for the workshop (£25 + £1 PayPal transaction fee) Remaining Balance to be paid by June 30thPrice£26.00