Fri, 17 Nov|
Lychpit Community Hall
Introduction to TRE® workshop
Join us for a TRE® Tension and trauma releasing exercises. A body-based therapy, using our body’s natural way of releasing stored tension which helps us to move into a more restful state over time.
Time & Location
17 Nov 2023, 19:00 – 21:00
Lychpit Community Hall , Higher Mead, Lychpit, Basingstoke RG24 8YL, UK
About The Event
In this 2-hour introduction to TRE® workshop you will:
- Be introduced to the nervous system and the impact it has on all areas your life
- Gain an understanding of the impact that stress and trauma has on the nervous system
- The importance of self-regulation
- Understand how feeling into the felt sense to find safety is better than trying to think yourself safe
- Learn how to track your own nervous system from moment to moment
- Check in and have an opportunity to share where your nervous system is at
- Learn the 7 exercises to activate the tremor mechanism
- Experience what it’s like to shake
- Have an opportunity to share what the experience was like
Reported benefits of TRE®
* Reduced tension & anxiety
* Better sleep
* Increased levels of resilience
* More energy
* Quieter mind
* Increased sense of calm
* Relief from chronic aches (lower back, neck, and shoulders)
* Reduced symptoms of PTSD
* Feeling more present
In a world where many of us are holding patterns of stress and unprocessed trauma, it can be hard to find a place where we can truly relax and feel safe and settled within our own bodies. The environment we live in is constantly bombarding our senses which, with no respite or reset, can push our nervous systems into overwhelm. Wouldn’t it be great if we could just lie back, not think, and let our body find its own reset? Well TRE® does exactly that.
TRE® stands for tension and trauma releasing exercises. It’s a body-based therapy, using our body’s natural way of releasing stored tension which helps us to move into a more resourced state over time.
When we are stressed, we unconsciously hold tension in our bodies, not only is this exhausting but it also sends signals to our brain that we are bracing for danger and so the stress response stays on. Unfortunately, this means that being in the stressed state can become our norm and we forget what it feels like to not be stressed. PTSD and unprocessed trauma are when we are unable to move out of the stress state, living in freeze moving to flight/flight and back to freeze continually. Healing is breaking this pattern this pattern and TRE® helps us to do that.
We’ll be using a series of exercises to engage certain muscles to gently bring on a natural tremor in our body. You are always in complete control and will be taught how to pause and restart the tremors.
Kit Mills is a certified TRE® practitioner and a trauma-informed somatic resilience coach & trainer. She works with clients on a 1:1 basis helping with trauma release, emotional regulation and building resilience. She also works with corporate clients helping to build resilient teams and leaders.
TRE Workshop£25.00Sold Out
This event is sold out