This is one of my favourite recipes. It is great for any season, warm, nourishing and can be accompanied by pretty much anything and you can modify the recipe by adding any ingredient you love too !!
- 2 tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Humus (to taste, I tend to put half a pot)
- Organic tofu
- 1 Chopped pepper
- 1 Chopped shallot or onion
- 5 Sliced mushrooms
- A handful of spinach
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 Shortcrust pastry
- Spices: A pinch of mixed herbs, dill, tarragon, salt and pepper (all to taste)
- 2 tsps turmeric powder (or to taste)
- Chop all veggies and get all your ingredients ready as seen in the first image.
-Heat up a big frying pan, add sun-dried tomatoes and let it heat up for about 2 minutes.
-Add mushrooms, garlic, and shallots and fry for a few minutes and once the mushroom is changing colour, add the peppers and toss in herbs and stir it all together so that the flavours mix well.
- Finally, take the tofu out of its container. I normally cut it in two blocks and drain each block by squeezing with my hands. Some people prefer to use paper towel to drain by patting it with it a few times.
- Crumble tofu into the pan, breaking it up with your fingers, stir again trying to colour as much tofu as possible and add some humus, salt and pepper . You want the mixture to be thick and not runny
- Cook for 2 minutes or until tofu is hot throughout.
If you love parsley or coriander, you can add some to it too!
- Remove frying pan from the stove and let it cool down for a bit.
- Heat up oven at 180 degrees roughly for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then, place some flour over the kitchen surface and unroll the pastry. If your pie dish is a little wider than the puff pastry sheet (as mine was) then simply roll it out with your rolling pin (or a wine bottle) to make it a little wider so that it fits. It’s great if you can get it as wide as you need plus a little extra so you can fold it along the sides and tuck it in.
- Pour the yummy mixture on the pastry sheet and then cover it completely.
- Bake until the pie looks nice and golden, around 20 minutes or so. Keep an eye on it.
- Once finished let it cool down for a few minutes and serve with anything you love like a salad, sauce or gravy =)
This was written with love from Goa, India while I am on holiday. I have been having some incredible food here and I thought of you <3 This is a super yummy pie that you can make for your loved ones during the Christmas season.
Making food is a beautiful way to show your loved ones how much you appreciate them by giving them something that will nourish them from the inside out
Let me know if you have any questions!!