- 1 glass of millet
- 2.5 glass of milk/water
- 0.5 glass of sugar/some kind of sweetener
- can of coconut milk (settled/hard part)
- 0.5 glass desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
1. Soak for few seconds millet in boiled water this will remove bitterness. Remove that water, add 2.5 glass of plant milk of your choice. Cook for about 25 minutes, until millet soaks up all the milk. Check every now and then (Just like you would cook rice). Add more water or milk if needed.
2. Into cooked millet add sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, settled/hard part of canned coconut milk (no liquid part!).
Mix it all and then blend until nice consistency. Doesn't need to be smooth.
Add more sugar or lemon juice to taste if needed.
Add desiccated coconut and stir in.
3. Prepare round about 22cm cake tray. Spread with bit of oil to prevent sticking.
Pour millet mix into baking tray, sprinkle with a bit of desiccated coconut.
4. Bake for 50 minutes in preheated oven 180 degrees.
5. Cut when completely cools.
I cut the cake in half and put jam and diary-free custard on the middle of the cake (as it shows on photo on the right) and then put the top back on the cake =)