- 1 block of organic Tempeh
- 100 ml tamari sauce (or you can mix dark soy sauce with light soy sauce)
- 50 ml of maple syrup
- Grated garlic (1 or 2 cloves)
- Grated ginger, aprox 1 tbsp
- 1/2 bird eye chilli with no seeds (or to taste)
- Coconut oil for frying
* Optional: Save some sauce and place a bunch of shallots in the oven for approx. 5 with some of the sauce, then add peppers and almonds and let it cook for 3 more minutes at a medium temperature.
Slice the tempeh length ways into approx. 1 cm slices. Mix the garlic, chilli, ginger and sauces in a bowl and stir, then place this sauce in a dish or oven tray and layer the slices of tempeh on the sauce. Allow to marinate for about 30 minutes on each side.
Heat coconut oil in a large pan and fry the tempeh for about 5 minutes on each side at low temperature (if your slices are thicker, allow it to cook for a bit longer)
Once the tempeh is brown and looks a bit crispy it should be ready, you can add anything as a side, I personally went for quinoa =)
Hope you enjoy it! Bon appetit <3